- If you’re a “Guest” (free) member, The League’s “kick-out algorithm” will kick in and boot you off the app if you don’t log in for 30 days.
- Guests will also be kicked out of The League for consistently failing to respond to first messages. If you’re a Guest removed for either flakiness or inactivity, the only way back in is upgrading to a Member subscription.
Video Dating With League Live
League Live is a feature that allows singles to participate in 2-minute video dates. It happens twice a week, on Sundays and Wednesdays at 9 pm in select cities.
If you opt-in and are selected, each Sunday and Wednesday evening at 9 you can have a 2-minute conversation with 3 different potential matches, chosen by the app based on your preferences and location.
At the start of each video date, you’ll both be shown an icebreaker to get the conversation started. You can tap the “heart” to “like” the person at any time during your date, or afterward.
The feature is available to both paid and free users, although League Members will get preference during the matching process. League Live is free, for now. But a low League Score will keep you from being able to access it.
According to Bradford, video dates are a way to help guarantee authenticity as well as a way to get to know a potential match before investing time on a first date.
2020 is the year of authenticity, which is why we built League Live, the only functionality in any dating app that emulates meeting randomly in real life, but within a escort review Warren protected environment with verified users.
PRO TIP: How To Prep For Your League Live Date
Speed dating is all about making a good impression. The fact that you’re doing it via a screen instead of in person means you need to do a little prep work.
The whole point of League Live is to turn a potential match into an actual match – and hopefully speed up the process of them wanting to meet you in person.
- Consider the lighting. Natural light is generally the most flattering, but that’s usually lacking at 9 pm. Make sure the room you’re in is well-lit, and that your light source isn’t fluorescent. Position yourself and your camera where you aren’t cast in shadow – the whole point is for your match to get a good look at the “real” you.
- Go to your quiet place. Everyone knows how frustrating (not to mention annoying) it is to be on the phone with someone whose kids or dogs are going nuts in the background, or their TV is blaring. Try your best to keep the background noise to a minimum for the 6 minutes you’ll be video dating.
- Look your best. Unlike a Bumble video call, League video dates are a scheduled event – so don’t look like it caught you by surprise. Make sure you’re as presentable to your potential matches as you would be if you were meeting for drinks.
- Every member, even those paying the hefty $399/week subscription, are vetted. That means every single you’ll find is successful, intriguing, and intelligent.
- You’ll have the opportunity to attend exclusive singles and networking events hosted by the app.
- The app’s matching algorithm prioritizes users who log in every day, so checking the app regularly pays off. The League makes it easy to do by sending your matches at the same time every day.
- Your Facebook and LinkedIn connections are automatically filtered out, which could save you some potential awkwardness at the office.